Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's 10.07pm now. And i'm finally home. 2 long days. 16 hours of sales and promoting. And I know :) I've learnt so much, and I've changed so much. I'm alot more thick-skinned. I'm no longer afraid to make mistakes and learn from others. I'm alot more approachable. I'm no longer afraid to confront strangers. I'm alot more confident. I'm more experienced and practical. :) I'm no longer afraid to ask. Ask stupid questions too. I don't choose my customers (they choose me) and I no longer judge people by appearance. (okay i still do and later if you read on you'll know why) I sold one set today. Which is quite a achievement considering that the store sold only 2 in 3 months :). And it's only my 2nd day. Though that single sales took a really long time, but at least i clinched the deal. People ask me why am i working when I should be studying now. My answer? Dude, we're having job attachments now. Which is stupid. And a complete waste of time. I might as well get some real work experience now. I'm not desperate for the money, my parents give me more than enough. And I know that. I just wanna learn what it's like "going into" the marketplace. And i'm really glad I've learnt so much and i'm going to learn alot more. OH. And i did one of the craziest things i ever done in my life. There was this really nice Xcraft sales assistant who served me yesterday. AND god. I seriously can melt. She's cute. She's goodlooking. She's sweet. She's nice. She's patient. But today when i went back to the store. She wasn't around anymore. I was a little disappointed. (And a little desperate just to see her one more time you see) And my sales experience helped me alot. I wasn't shy and afraid to ask where she was. I was like asking the other sales assistant. Erm excuse, do you remember this girl sales assistant yesterday, same age as me waiting for o lvl results. That sales assistant saw through me at once, smiled and told me that she's working in another outlet. I walked out, smiling (have to smile alot since i'm a promoter) but disappointed nonetheless. When I'm about to leave the mall, i suddenly decided that i die die must know this girl better. So I ran all the way back to Xcraft and was like, do you know which outlet. Tampines was the answer. God it was 8.15pm already. And i'm tired like #$^!, after standing for 8 hours entertaining and engaging all the uncles, aunties, babies, wannabes and et cetera. But i begged my parents to fetch me all the wall to TM. I must get to know this girl man. I must :) And they did. Being such great parents. (My dad wanted to watch the s'pore thai match, 8pm remember?) And so i rushed to TM around 8.45 and there she was :) The girl of my dreams. So i approached her and... Hey remember me? *smiling widely* (stunned) Haha causeway? *smiling widely too* Yeah :) So why are you here? (she knows that i work until 8pm, i had a relatively long chat with her yesterday) Haha (sales experience -->direct and don't be afraid to speak your mind) I was looking for you at causeway just now, but they told me you're here. So i'm here :) *Smiling too* Oh.. Haha I'll be done around 9.30pm. And we were talking and talking and talking. I got a pair of ear studs that she chose. And she insisted that i wear it and let her see, so i did :). And it cost 16 bucks. But they sold it to me for only 15 :) Man, when you know how to talk and how to smile. Things change alot! My heart was beating really fast. Get her number now now now now dude. That's all that i was thinking about from 8.40 till 9.30pm. But some things still don't change. Like --> I'm ashamed to say. After all that i've done, i still couldn't find that courage to ask her for her name and number. Though i bet it was really obvious that i wanted her number. She should know... But still it's so awkward for both of us. Sigh! She told me she's working till she get her results. So i still have a chance! Gavin you're crazy! I know :) But life feels so much more enjoyable now that I accept the fact that I'm crazy. And I'm ready to lead a crazy life. Dress like a crazy freak. Work like a crazy freak. Study like a crazy freak. Learn dance like a crazy freak. And do whatever i want to do (i'm already doing whatever i wanna do and the greatest thing of it all? My parents are always supportive :) Thanks pa, thanks ma. I enjoy that freedom.

No comments: